What We Do for You
Our practice delivers costs solutions.
We provide transparency regarding the billing of legal fees and costs, assist in the prevention of disputes, and assist parties to achieve a fair, just, and reasonable result. Our expertise in legal costs means we are regularly engaged to provide expert evidence regarding security for costs and legal costs related matters in the various State and Federal Courts.
graham + bull comprises five areas of practice:
Certified Assessment (1-3 day Turnaround)
It is possible to ensure that the legal costs were necessary, proper, fair and/or reasonable. We provide certification for Solicitor and Own Client, Party and Party, Standard, and Indemnity Costs.
The form of Certificates available are:
- Lump Sum (short form)
- Detailed Summary (long form)
- Narrative (includes particulars)
If there is a dispute there may be requirements for itemisation, review and analysis, and advice regarding appropriate allowances for the costs payable or recoverable. It may be necessary for formal steps and appearances as part of Court process.
We provide services which assist in the formal regulation process:
- Itemised Bills of Costs
- Costs Statements
- Itemised Costs Accounts
- Notice of Objections
- Reply to Objections
- Written Submissions on Costs
- Advice on Quantum
- Attendances on Assessment or Taxation
It is possible to avoid the formal Court process and resolve a costs dispute through an informal process. This will often result in a quicker and cheaper resolution and can sometimes involve greater certainty.
We can assist parties to resolve disputes through:
- Costs Dispute Resolution Service
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Our consultants can provide specialised services including:
- Expert Evidence in Costs Related Matters
- Security for Costs Expert Evidence
- Costs Budgets
- Costs Estimates
- Pricing Strategy and Pricing Models
- Alternative Billing Strategies
- Due Diligence and Feasibility Reports (for sale and purchase of Legal Practices)
- WIP Analysis
- Operational Practice Reports
- Costs Agreement (including Disclosure Notice) Advisory Service
- Risk Management
- CLE Programme and Workshops on Costs Issues
- Remuneration Schedules for Insolvency Practitioners
- General advice regarding the Law of Costs
Our expert analysis and critical evaluation of Itemised Accounts and Schedules of Costs can provide independent and objective advice about the appropriate allowances for such remuneration and/or costs.